11.9.14

Romanesco Cauliflower/Broccoli soup with almonds and cheese

Yesterday at the market I couldn't resist buying Romanesco cauliflower. I remember that the first time I bought years ago I did so because it looked so beautiful. I discovered since then that also tastes really good and is a super healthy vegetable!

One of my favourite recipe with this cauliflower is a simple soup that I think is perfect for the first days of autumn when the weather starts to get colder and you just want to eat something comforting.

You'll need:
vegetable stock (better if home made)
a large Romanesco cauliflower/broccoli cut into pieces
1 large diced potato
a few pealed almonds
some soft cheese, I love something like Swiss cheese in this.
olive oil
salt and pepper

It's pretty simple: 
Put a bit of olive oil in a heavy bottom pot and trow in all the cauliflower and potato. Stir and let cook for a few minutes on a medium heat. Cover the vegetables with the stock and put a lid on it.
It should simmer for about 25 minutes or until the veggies are cooked.
Meanwhile chop the almonds and the cheese in small bits.
When the veggies are done put them in a food processor. You want a creamy texture. Put it back in the pot and add the cheese and almonds, put the lid on so and let the cheese melt. Add salt and pepper and it's done!

It's very nice served with hot bread and some extra almonds.

Let me know how it goes :)







3 comments:

  1. Ah... thank you. Off to get ingredients now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try i t, simple and nice but i don't think we have such beautiful Broccoli in Israel

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!